Updated Florist Ecommerce Checkout | Flower Store In a Box
Published: Friday 19 April 2019
One of the important features of a Flower Store In a Box website is our ongoing development of improvements. To that end we are releasing a brand new streamlined ecommerce checkout!
We will still be supporting the existing (classic) checkout however we will no longer be adding any new features to it and all new features will be on the updated checkout.
The objectives of the new checkout are to:
- Remove unnecessary fields that need to be field.
- Hide optional fields
- Make it easier and more obvious to checkout
- Choosing a date is easier
- Real time updates for shipping costs based on delivery times and suburbs
Why are we making this change?
Over the last several years ecommerce sites have moved away from asking for any more information than is absolutely necessary. In particular the billing address and details were no longer used or validated by credit card companies so asking for them serves no purpose.
We always strive to make it as easy as possible for people to complete a transaction and reducing what they have to enter is a key component of this.
The new visual calendar is a significant improvement on the previous small calendar pop out feature. This is also far more mobile friendly and easier to use on a small mobile device as well as on tablets and desktops.
As always you the customer are free to customize the checkout experience with your own specific business requirements, pickup addresses, card messages, anonymous deliveries, same day cut off times, delivery times, custom messages, authority to leave options and many more unique florist features.
New Checkout Features
- Removed all but name, email & phone in billing details
- Check box to quickly join the site
- User generated marketing message to promote sign ups
- Added Billing Company name option for tax invoices in business names
- Removed the drop down for limited suburbs and instead uses an auto-complete field
- Significantly Improved Visual Calendar with blocked dates and real time checking availability
Additional Features Already Incorporated
- Pick Up Addresses (In Store, Hospitals, Funeral Homes)
- Card Messages
- Anonymous Deliveries
- Authority to Leave
- Checkbox to accept T&Cs
- Discount Coupons
- Remove State and Localize for Country of choice
- Signup for mailing list and privacy url
- Building Doorman
- Build Type
See the Checkout Live
You can see the checkout live on our Demo website here http://demopremium.enfdev.com
Do you want the updated Checkout?
If you would like the updated checkout now on your website please make a support request and we will have the update installed and published.
Tags: New Features
Related Articles in New Features
New Tools - Google Tag Manager and the Facebook Pixel
We've added additional new features to Flower Store In a Box integrating Google Tag Manager and the Facebook Pixel so you can do more with your marketing
Updated In Store Pickup in Florist Checkout
In Store Pickup is a popular option for florists to offer their customers when they order online. We have added new features to the in store pickup option